So-called because you top it with leftover roast potatoes from the weekend. I made this alongside a beef cottage pie and it was already so tasty.
I’m hoping you testers can suggest a few changes to get the lentils banging.
Then I’ll think of something witty to say in the forenote.
Alex Thurman - Feed the Brood
20 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
- 1 tbsp veg oil
- 1 large white onion diced or 100g frozen onion
- 2 fat cloves garlic diced or crushed or 50g frozen garlic
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 100g green lentils
- splash Worcester Sauce
- 200ml boiling water
- 3 tbsp fortified nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 200g leftover roast potatoes
- 50g your preferred dairy free alternative cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in your largest saucepan.
- Fry the onion, garlic and carrots on a medium heat for 5 mins and add oregano.
- Add the lentils and the Worcestershire sauce and stir.
- Add nutritional yeast, water and tomato puree.
- Stir on a medium heat and allow to simmer some liquid away while the oven heats up.
- Preheat oven at 180*C.
- Whilst waiting for the mince to simmer and the oven to heat up, break the potatoes up into smaller lumps with your hands and grate the df cheese if neccessary.
- When the oven is ready, transfer the lentils into a deep pie dish and top with the potatoes and df cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 mins, look for bubbling edges and brown and melty cheese on top before you take it out.
- Serve with green veg and lots of ooo noises.