Quesadillas (pronounced ke-sa-dee-as) are the most perfect fast food. Bung inside whatever you have lurking around in your fridge or freezer. The only ingredient you MUST have is cheese, please.
Alex Thurman - Feed the Brood
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
- 200g cheddar cheese, grated
- Vegetables galore - dry items like peppers and sweetcorn are better than sloppy items like tomatoes
- Salami or ham
- Heat a large flat frying pan on the hob
- Prepare the insides of the wraps before starting to cook
- When you're ready to cook, place the first wrap in the pan, and start by adding a thin layer of cheese right to the edges and top with your chosen fillings - don't overdo the filling though, as it will be a nightmare to flip over.
- Add the second wrap on top and push it down to contact the melted cheese at the edges. The cheese will perform as an adhesive to hold the two wraps together.
- Flip the whole lot over when you feel that the bottom wrap is browning and going crispy.
- Cook the second side and tip out onto a chopping board to cool.
- Once cooled, slice up like a pizza and serve alongside more veggies and accompaniments.