Wallop! Bung it all in the slow cooker and walk away! Walk through the door to a tasty instant meal.
5 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 5
- 100g Frozen onions
- 3 tbsp Frozen garlic
- 800g Stewing beef – braising/shin/skirt
- 100g Harissa Paste
- 400g Chickpeas
- 6 x Carrots
- 200g Raisins
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- Beef stock cube
- Couscous 50-100g dry per person
- Greens of your choice
- 1 red chilli
- Wash carrots and chop into semi-circles – only peel if absolutely necessary.
- Put everything into the slow cooker on low for 6 hrs or more – the stock pot or cube should go in without any liquid.
- Serve with couscous, greens of your choice and red chilli for those after a bit of spice.
Taste the harissa paste before deciding how much to add. You don't want to blow your children's faces off and put them off spice for life!