The kids were fractious and there was a big pile of laundry making dirty eyes at me... What I needed was a dish that required very little attention while it cooked. So, I decided to chuck a curry in the oven one to see if I could multitask whilst it cooked, et voila! The handsfree curry was born!
45 minCook Time
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g frozen onion
- 2 tbsp frozen ginger
- 800g chicken thigh fillets
- 100ml korma curry paste
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100g dried apricots
- 500g frozen butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 100ml chicken stock
- 50g coriander
- basmati rice 50-100g dry rice per person
- 200g green beans
- Preheat oven 180ºc
- In a large, deep roasting tin, layer oil, frozen onions, frozen ginger, chicken thighs and curry paste - coating the chicken with the curry paste.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop apricots in half.
- Once the 15 minutes is up, add the coconut milk, stock, apricots and frozen butternut squash, then return back to the oven for 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the packet instructions.
- Five minutes before the end, steam the green beans.
- Once the 30 minutes is up, check the chicken is cooked, and serve up with chopped coriander.
Make sure that the ingredients are all snuggled up in the roasting tin, otherwise it will dry out and you'll lose all your lube.