I'm using my new WonderBag to slow cook my beans the eco way. I 'wonder' how they will turn out?!
Please don't be afraid of how many ingredients there are in this recipe, it's very quick and easy and tastes brilliant!
I've also precooked some jacket spuds and am keeping them cooking alongside the beans inside the WonderBag. We'll have some avocados, corn on the cob, coconut yoghurt and cherry tomatoes alongside too. I put diced chilli on the table when I serve so that anyone can spice up their meal if they fancy too!
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15
- Coconut Oil
- Frozen Onions
- Frozen Garlic
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Half tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 x Espresso shot
- 2 x 400g Tinned Cannellini Beans
- 1 x 400g Tinned Kidney Beans
- 1 x 400g Tinned Butter Beans
- 2 x 400g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Limes - zest for the beans, wedges for serving
- Fresh coriander
- Red chillies for serving
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a large saucepan.
- Brown frozen onions and garlic.
- Add spices and balsamic and allow to sizzle.
- Add beans, chopped tomatoes, sugar, lime, and seasoning.
- Cook for 4 hrs on low in a slow cooker.